You know you live in the desert if when it rains everyone in the family runs outside. It has rained for over an hour every evening for the last 10 days!

Emi's pool

With all the humidity everything is sticky even without Tang! Nick and I are the only ones that can open the doors and the harp has lost ten strings. I absolutely love the gravel Grandpa and Grandma Whitney and Nick spread in my driveway and carport this spring.
Everything is more fun with water, especially dirt!



Throwing mudballs.

Yes, this is Estelle.

Suzette brought up a good point about this mud fight. Ironically the mud party is the reason Nick and I had a quiet and peaceful dinner this particular day. We watched the mud slinging from the dining room window while eating. Then after we were done Nick rounded up the kids to the side of the house and sprayed them off with the hose. Jonathan describes the water from the hose as "the coldest water he's ever had, way colder than the ocean." Then the kids all ran through the house in their undies except for Emi who doesn't own undies yet. . .
Once cleaned up humidity and rain does great things for girls with curls.
Miss Liss
Miss Stell
Check out these curly girls!
With all the humidity everything is sticky even without Tang! Nick and I are the only ones that can open the doors and the harp has lost ten strings. I absolutely love the gravel Grandpa and Grandma Whitney and Nick spread in my driveway and carport this spring.
Everything is more fun with water, especially dirt!
Once cleaned up humidity and rain does great things for girls with curls.

Holy Cow . . . those are MUDDY kiddos! I hope that given the chance, that I would actually allow my kids to do that! The thought of cleaning it up is horrifying to me, but the memories of myself doing that as a kid is pure BLISS!
ReplyDeleteHey, we love your post! Just when we needed pictures for the calendar!
ReplyDelete